Sunday 9 December 2012

Fixing Expenses for Good - Possibly?

With expenses rearing their ugly head again, I thought I'd re-kick off this blog with my Big Plan for MP's.  I can't see the problem, with it - can you? Let me know. 

To begin with; Solve the problem of outside expenses by having a "Constituency Office" in the heart of every constituency.  This will be owned by Parliament and staffed by a Civil Servant - It will also pass from MP to MP of whatever Party is representing the area at the time.  All paid for centrally - be it Freehold or Leasehold.  It could even be a space within the town hall.  Let him or her have a camp bed there if they don't live "near enough" as some of the more dodgy ones do.  This takes away the need to claim for mortgages, staff or furniture.

In London - They can simply refurbish an old office block in the style of student accommodation - Breeze Block Walls, Lino on the floor - Individual blocks with a shared bath/ shower room and two bedrooms with a shared study off the bedrooms.  Oh! Did I say "Eighties style student block?"  Well, if it's good enough for a hard working student for four years - why should MP's have anything more luxurious?

To me it brings all expenses "In house".  In fact - with so much infrastructure provided for them - they have hardly any need to "Claim" for anything at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment